Mama Hope and Tejiendo Futuros
Tejiendo Futuros is a non profit organization, providing low-income children access to a quality and transformative education, in Panajachel, Solola, Guatemala.
Every human being has a right to be free, to think, to believe, to dream. Thus, it is necessary to have a more holistic, integral education, giving students the tools to reflect, to be critical thinkers, to discover their gifts and talents. Tejiendo Futuros aim is to create a space where children will be able to decide their futures, to create change makers, who aren’t afraid to try new things, and transform their lives and their communities.
We are a nonprofit organization that empowers every member of the family in our community. We do so through holistic education, improving food security and health, environmental conservation, and providing a space for parents to begin their own businesses.
To create change agents with a new perspective on life and what they’re capable of. To help families change as they desire. To promote communities that are environmentally sustainable, peaceful, and harmonious, and do to so in a way that is efficient, effective, and realistic for their lives and community.
Konojel is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization based in San Marcos La Laguna, Guatemala.
They're working to improve conditions and standards of living in the community, the Konojel team are willing and able to dedicate the time, energy, and resources necessary to make a sustained and positive impact on the lives of people living in extreme poverty and institutionalized oppression. They approach their work and the people who are impacted by their work with the utmost respect, humility, and empathy.
To reduce chronic malnutrition and endemic poverty in rural Guatemala by providing programs through which at-risk individuals can raise their standard of living.
Konojel means “All Together” in Kaqchikel, the Mayan dialect spoken in San Marcos La Laguna, Guatemala. That’s exactly our goal — bring people together to do incredible things. We firmly believe that we are more powerful when we come together for a common purpose.
● Around 60 nutritious lunches to the most at risk individuals five days a week. This includes pregnant and/or breastfeeding women, children under 5 years old, and elderly people who don’t have family support.
● A creative education enrichment program for children aged 6 - 12.
● A computer center where San Marcos students can use the internet and print documents for free.
● A women’s artisanal cooperative which produces and sells solar-powered baked goods and handmade textiles.
● A restaurant for tourists where 100% of the profits support Konojel.