1-Year Mentorship with Rochelle Schieck
Imagine yourself a year from now...
Leading your community of women
through the transformational experience of a Qoya Retreat.
connect with wisdom through the body
embody and honor intention through ceremony
take an outer journey to support your inner journey
see yourself mirrored in the eyes of your sisters
These are the 4 pillars of every Qoya Retreat
and in less than one year, you could be leading them
after a personal mentorship with Rochelle Schieck.
You'll learn every aspect of leading a retreat
and master a repeatable structure that you can use
to create a magical experience for any group.
This is a business in a box.
Not only will you learn how to lead the retreat curriculum,
but you'll become fluent in the practical details of
planning, marketing, and delivering with confidence.
This program teaches through embodied experience
via monthly workshops that you will prepare, market,
and teach to your local community.
Each month, you'll use the group to support you
in executing each workshop, and you'll also receive
hands-on training from Rochelle.
In addition to this real time feedback and support,
you'll participate in training calls and webinars in which Rochelle
teaches EVERYTHING she knows about leading a Qoya Retreat.
Absolutely nothing has been left out of this program.
It's truly everything you need.
If you're a Certified Qoya Teacher who has taught at least 50 classes
and you feel called to lead Qoya Retreats,
this program is the very best way we can prepare you.
Just as teaching was a call, so is this.
If you're already leading in your community,
you may feel called to expand your leadership further.
If so, please consider this your personal invitation
to step into greater levels of leadership and sharing Qoya.
In Qoya, you learn by doing.
You already know that the best way to learn how to teach Qoya is to...teach Qoya! Leading Qoya Retreats is no different.
The best way to learn how to hold the space for a larger group and teach a more in-depth curriculum than an hour-long Qoya class is by actually doing it.
But rather than throw you straight into the deep end, we've built a bridge. By teaching 9 Qoya workshops, you'll increase the length and size of your offerings gradually, helping you adjust to the increased time and energy requirements gradually, as well as building a strong community to eventually attend your retreat offerings.
It also takes a leap of faith to put down the money to book a retreat space and fill it. In addition to faith, it takes time, planning, patience, strategy, generosity, outreach, and imagination. More than anything, it takes willingness to train, to try, and to trust - both in the strong container of Qoya and in the call you feel to lead.
SAMPLE MONTH IN THE PROGRAM:
-Teaching Call with Rochelle covering that month’s curriculum (1 hour)
-Prepare and lead the monthly workshop in your community (10+ hours)
-Complete any homework assignments for the month (1-2 hours)
-Guest Speaker Call (1 hour)
-Q&A Call (1 hour)
-BONUS: teaching weekly classes isn’t required but is highly encouraged!
You will also be required to attend 1 Qoya retreat during your time in the program, which is a 3-7 day commitment, depending on whether you attend a weekend or weeklong retreat.
"Qoya has grown to become an integral part of my life, like breathing or thinking about people I love. When I began teaching Qoya, the process itself was so multi-tonal that it was like learning to walk. There were things to learn, and within those things, other things, and within those, others. Offering classes organically morphed into the desire to offer workshops, workshops to shorter retreats, shorter retreats to teacher trainings, teacher trainings to longer retreats. This process has less about progressing and more about organically growing to occupy a space provided by nature - like a meadow asking for flowers. A lot of people need this medicine right now, and each of us are called to offer it in a unique way. If you feel the call to deepen your offering of Qoya, studying with Rochelle is a gift. Her ability to respect your unique medicine is unparalleled, and much of the learning is experiential, meaning it stays with you - in your very bones. This is a beautiful path to walk, may you receive so many of its blessings."
SAMAR OCEAN WOLF CIPRIAN, Qoya Retreat Facilitator
A NOTE FROM ROCHELLE
I don't mind saying it: I lead legendary retreats.
How did I learn to do this? Through doing it! I'd attended retreats for about 10 years before leading my first one, and in my nearly 10 years of leading retreats, I've tried it all. I've experienced both success and failure in everything from my course content to what I've charged to the venues I've booked. I know what works and what doesn't, and I'll walk you through EXACTLY what I do now, so you can do it, too! All you need is 3 things:
TIME: You can't jump from teaching classes to retreats in a day.
EXPERIENCE: You need to put in the work. Period.
SUPPORT: You can't (and don't need to) do this alone.
The result is that you will deliver profitable Qoya retreats with clarity, presence, and joy. This has been my life's work, and if you feel the same call to lead in this way, I'd love for it to be yours, too.
This program is for you if:
- You are a Certified Qoya Teacher who has taught a minimum of 50 classes since your Intensive or a new Qoya teacher willing to teach a weekly class for the next year.
- You are ready to commit 20 hours per month for the next 9 months to this training and leading monthly workshops.
- You are interested in a feminine model of servant leadership.
- You embrace a beginner’s mindset and welcome honest feedback on your teaching.
- You are committed to teaching Qoya classes long-term.
- You are committed to leading Qoya retreats long-term.
This is not for you if:
- You aren’t interested in teaching regular Qoya classes in your community (the foundation to a successful retreat business).
- You want to exclusively lead non-Qoya retreats (i.e. “Wise Woman Retreat,” yoga retreat, etc.)
- You want to administer and market your retreats yourself, not through Qoya.
- You only want to lead online programs - we are focusing on in-person experiences.
- You aren’t open to receiving feedback or improving your teaching practice.
- You are interested in the guru model of leadership.
Through this structure, you'll find freedom.
Kickoff Webinar - meet the group, what to expect, and what will be expected of you
September - Structure and Clarity
- clarity - what are you doing and why are you doing it?
- essential Qoya retreat structure
- group dynamics
- facilitator 101 - breathing, projection, eye contact, slowing down
- personal responsibility - greater ownership of your actions
- awakening your unique medicine
October - Intuition and Growth
- being an open channel and conduit for the divine
- intuitive awareness
- receiving feedback
- inviting opportunities to grow
- commitment to alchemy
November - Planning and Logistics
- venues - selection, pricing, negotiation, contracts
- timing - best times of year to offer retreats
- budgets - making your retreats profitable
- strategy - time management and staying organized
- marketing - getting people to sign up
- communication - what people need to know
- transport - how will people get there?
- food - allergies, preferences, and personal responsibility
- travel insurance - when you need it and why
- liability - waivers and liability insurance
- making planning fun! - prayer, retreat altars, rituals
December - Boundaries and Troubleshooting
- authentic relating
- dealing with difficult people and situations
- boundaries with your students
- compassionate communication
- scripts for handling challenges with grace
January - Lines of Support
- your personal inner work
- your support team
- preparing yourself for a retreat
- self-care during a retreat
- integration and celebration after a retreat
- awareness of what you really need
February - Sensuality
- holding the container for sensual awakening and healing
- students dealing with trauma
- clarity of language and presentation
- seducing yourself and staying in your body
- the sensual experience of a retreat
- feminine leadership - setting the tone and leading by example
March - Rituals and Music
- anatomy of a ritual
- creating and testing rituals
- logistics - how long, materials, etc.
- best practices for leading group exercises or salons
- music for rituals
- deepening your relationship to music as the teacher
- how to discover new music
April - Confidence and Forgiveness
- knowing your strengths, limitations, and growth edge
- feeling prepared to offer retreats
- trusting your unique medicine and continuing to nurture it
- expectations vs. reality
- how to bounce back when things don’t go as planned
May - Power of the Circle
- hierarchy in Qoya
- the servant leader paradigm
- active listening
- how to support without coaching
- leading by example
- boundaried authenticity in your sharing
- learning from your students
- growing your circle and finding new students
Celebration Webinar - We did it! A webinar to acknowledge this major accomplishment and celebrate successes!
Before Your First Retreat: Final one-on-one call with Rochelle to review the logistics of your retreat and give you the support you need to lead it with confidence and joy!
"I’ve been on over forty retreats since 2011. Twenty-five were with Rochelle on Qoya retreats where I was able to observe how she prepares herself before, during, and after retreats so she can fully show up as a facilitator during the week. She shows up for each person whether there are five or fifty people on the retreat. The guests showing up for a retreat are each coming for a personal reason - some truly need to ‘retreat’, others may be wanting community, or clarity on the next steps for their life. As a retreat facilitator, it’s our role to honor the path of each woman and to offer the group a transformational experience during the week.
While Qoya retreats tend to call in deep spiritual connection and transformation, it’s important to remember we show up as a human leading the retreat and not as a spiritual leader. We may be good at connecting to spirit, but during a retreat we need to be even better at connecting to humans.
I recently showed up for a 5 day retreat with a popular figure in the spiritual world and during the first session of the retreat, she announced that for her it was going to be a silent retreat - we weren’t to speak to her outside the classroom. That retreat facilitator lost me as a guest that first hour - even though I’m a fan of her work, she wasn’t prepared as a retreat leader to hold space for a group.
Before the first Qoya Collective Retreat in 2015, there was a concern among the nine retreat leaders (Rochelle, myself, and seven others) whether we could create a transformative experience in a room of 50 women, the largest Qoya retreat ever. The first night we gathered in a circle of 50, and everyone went around the circle and introduced themselves. Before the start of the first Qoya class the next morning, Rochelle walked around the circle and said each women’s name - she’d taken the time to learn them. Throughout the week, I watched Rochelle greet each person outside of the Qoya room whether it was to share a meal or activity or float in the pool. As a retreat facilitator, how you show up matters - both inside and outside the Qoya room, and Rochelle models this with more skill and care than any other leader I know."
BETSY BLANKENBAKER, Qoya Retreat Facilitator
This program has a limited number of spots.
We do not have a set number, but rather
will accept only those who we feel are ready
whether that's 2 or 12.
That said, we are keeping the program small,
and may not have space for all who apply.
If you're a new Certified teacher who hasn't yet taught 50 classes
but who feels strongly called to this work,
we encourage you to apply anyway.
If accepted, we'll require you to teach a weekly class so that you'll
complete the 50 class requirement by the end of the program.
Already taught 50 classes?
A weekly class isn't required, but is highly encouraged.
It is the best way we know to build your retreat business!
COST + WHAT'S INCLUDED
Pay in Full: $7,277 (a $500 savings!)
Payment Plan: $7,777 (7 payments of $1,111)
Your tuition includes:
- 2 group calls per month with Rochelle - one teaching call with Rochelle and one Q&A call to get support in your facilitation (every 2 weeks basically - start of the month and mid-month)
- 3 one-on-one calls with Rochelle - 1) September; 2) January for a mid-way checkin; 3) before you lead your first retreat
- 9 workshops that you will facilitate during the course (one workshop per month) - you’ll receive a set curriculum with playlists, rituals, group exercises, and meditations prepared for you to lead plus administrative and marketing support from Qoya. BONUS: you will earn money from these workshops!
- 9 Qoya Retreat Templates - you’ll receive the entire curriculum for 9 weeklong Qoya retreats created by Rochelle, including the theme, class playlists and notes, group activities, rituals, and marketing materials all ready for you to prepare the retreat and lead it.
- 9 personal rituals to integrate the monthly curriculum and support your forever journey as a Qoya student
- 2 group webinars - one to start and one to complete the course
- Retreat tuition credit for mandatory attendance at a Qoya retreat (you pay the cost of room and board only at a Qoya retreat offered to the general public; teacher retreats not included)
- Bonus support calls with guest speakers
- Private Facebook group for online support
- Reading list with actionable, practical books to build your facilitation skill
- License to use the Qoya trademark to market and lead Qoya retreats
- Administrative and marketing support for your retreats from Qoya, including all retreat sales and communications, customer service, and promotion in our monthly newsletter and social media channels
- Generous profit share structure (you keep 90% of your retreat’s tuition)
BONUS SUPPORT MATERIALS:
- One-Day Urban Retreat Template
- Three-Day Retreat Template
EARN BACK YOUR TUITION
This program is unique in that you will earn money by doing the work to complete it! You will charge $150 per person for the monthly workshops you lead, keeping the full price for your first student and 50% of the cost for each student after.
This means that if you enroll 11 women in each of your 9 workshops, you'll earn back the money that you invest in the training!
You will also earn back your tuition many times over if you implement this program to prepare, market, and offer retreats. If your first retreat only gets 4 participants at an average tuition of $2,500, you'll earn your course tuition back.
An equal energy exchange is crucial for leading retreats sustainably, so as with everything else in this program, you learn about charging money for your courses by...doing it!
Apply for your spot today.
Applications are open through July 8th. We will notify applicants no later than July 16th, and your first payment is due July 20th to secure your spot.
Cancellation Policy: Once you commit to this program, there are no cancellations. Please only apply if you are committed to leading retreats long-term, you have the financial resources to pay for the program, and the availability to commit 20 hours per month to the program from September 2018 through May 2019.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What does this training certify me to do? Lead Qoya Retreats! It's a license to use the Qoya trademark to brand and market your retreats and teach our Qoya retreat curriculum as taught to you in this program without alteration.
Do I have to administer my Qoya Retreats through you? Yes. We've found this is the best way to support you in leading a successful retreat. We create your sales page on the Qoya website, collect payment, and then send payment to you when all monies have been collected.
I don't live in the U.S. Can I still take this program? Yes! It will be led via phone calls, webinars, and online, so you can participate from anywhere in the world! We will do our best to schedule calls that work in most time zones, but please be mindful that we are based in the Eastern Time Zone and you will be expected to attend the majority of calls live.
Am I required to teach the monthly workshops? Yes. If you don't want to teach them, this is not the program for you.
Am I required to teach regular Qoya classes as well? Teaching weekly or monthly classes during this program isn't required unless you're a new Qoya teacher, but it is HIGHLY encouraged. Teaching Qoya classes long-term in your community is the foundation to a successful retreat business. If you don't feel called to teach a regular Qoya class, this program probably isn't a good fit for you.
I have more questions. Who can I talk to? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll answer your questions!