Qoya Classes - In Person
Qoya classes are based on the idea that through movement we remember. We remember our essence is wise, wild and free. Wise- the wisdom of yoga. Wild- the creative expression in dance. Free- expanding our capacity to enjoy being in our bodies through sensual movement. Each class has the following 13 components and a unique theme.
Qoya Classes have the following core components:
- Centering oneself by placing an intention to direct the power of the mind.
- Coordination of breath and movement to cascade in rhythm while warming up the body with simple yoga and dance movements.
- Amplification of the body’s inner voice and unique personal expression through movement.
- Liberation of the body from the linear, rigid habits of daily life in the modern world through sensual, fluid motions that are (a) rooted in yoga and various schools of dance, and (b) geared towards a feminine range of movement.
- Cultivation of your comfort level and your confidence in moving your body sensually.
- The practice of variations of sun salutations to open and activate the muscles, joints, and spine, and clear the energy lines of the body. In this way, we emotionally honor and process anything that may be up in your life right now.
- We begin with simple dance-like steps to invite the music in. For those who are new to class or shy, you can repeat those steps as long as you like. But, for many, as soon as we invite them to free dance, the walls and ceiling of the room seem to expand and all inhibitions lift.
- 90% of our thoughts are the same thing over and over and over… it is the same with our movements. As we free dance, we remind ourselves to break free of patterns and habits and explore new ways of moving.
- We partner up for a final stretch of the mind, body, and soul. We engage in a guided, sacred sharing of our gratitude, desires, revelations, and celebrations.
- The final relaxation gives us to time to integrate all the gifts of your Qoya class.