If you need to cancel for any reason and we can find a person to take your spot, we will refund the amount paid minus a $250 administration fee. If we cannot find a person to take your spot, there are no refunds; however, you can transfer your paid spot to someone else, so you can send a friend or family member to the retreat in your place.
Shortly after registering for a retreat, you will receive an email with a link to sign our waiver. We require every retreat participant to sign a waiver in order to attend, so the text of the waiver is below for your reference before you register.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acknowledgment and Assumption of Risk, Release and Indemnification
In consideration of the services and equipment provided by Inspire and Move LLC dba Qoya, a New York limited liability company, its shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, volunteers, participants and all other persons or entities associated with or acting in any capacity on its behalf (collectively referred to as Qoya) at a retreat or workshop organized by Qoya in the United States or abroad (collectively, the Events), I hereby agree in this Acknowledgment and Assumption of Risk, Release and Indemnification (Agreement) to release, indemnify and discharge Qoya, on behalf of myself, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate and for all members of my family, including minor children, as follows:
1. I acknowledge that all Events entail known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional trauma, injury, paralysis, death or damage to myself, property and/or any third party. Although Qoya has taken reasonable steps to provide me with appropriate equipment and skilled instructors, I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of an Event.
2. I am aware of the risks associated with traveling to and from as well as participating in any Event, which may include, but are not limited to, physical or psychological injury, pain, suffering, illness, disfigurement, temporary or permanent disability (including paralysis), economic or emotional loss, and death. I understand that these injuries or outcomes may arise from my own or another party’s negligence, conditions related to travel, or the condition of the location(s) of any Event. I understand that the description of these risks is non-cumulative and that other unanticipated inherent risks may occur. Nonetheless, I assume all related risks, both known or unknown to me, of my participation in any Event, including travel to, from and during such Event.
3. I appreciate that Qoya has a difficult job to perform. Qoya seeks safety but is not infallible. Qoya might be unaware of my or another Event participant’s fitness or abilities. It might misjudge the weather or other environmental conditions. Qoya may give incomplete warnings or instructions, and Event equipment being used might malfunction. I acknowledge that engaging in any Event may require a degree of skill and knowledge different than any other activity, and that I have responsibilities as a participant in such Event. I acknowledge that Qoya has made itself available to me prior to all Events to more fully explain the nature and physical demands of any Event and the risks, hazards, and dangers associated with the same.
4. I acknowledge and agree that I am over 18 years of age, in good health, and am physically and mentally capable of handling any proposed Event activity. If I do not feel physically or mentally prepared to participate in an Event activity, I will notify Qoya of the same, and will voluntarily not participate in such activity or the Event itself. I fully understand that no refund (in whole or part) will be made for any non-participation in an Event. While Qoya will endeavor to adhere to the proposed schedule and services of an Event, I agree that Qoya has the final word and authority to make any changes to the same.
5. I am responsible for my own actions at any Event. I agree and understand that Qoya assumes no responsibility for me and that my participation in all Events is purely voluntary and at my sole discretion. I am also aware of the potential stress, physical, and mental requirements of an Event, and I fully assume all responsibility of my own wellbeing and actions, both physically and mentally.
6. I am responsible if I do something disruptive, destructive, or illegal at an Event. Should I be found to possess any illegal drug or contraband at an Event, disrupt an Event activity to the point where such activity cannot be properly conducted, violate any applicable law or regulation at an Event location, or act without regard for the safety of another Event participant, present party, or property of the same at an Event, Qoya in its sole discretion may ask me to leave such Event. Under any such circumstances, I agree to forfeit any Event registration payments I have made. I will be totally responsible for any financial or physical damages incurred due to my actions or omissions at an Event, whether intentional or not.
7. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Qoya and the owners of any premises upon which an Event is conducted from any and all claims, actions, suits, procedures, costs, expenses, damages and liabilities, including without limitation attorney’s fees and costs which are in any way connected with my participation in an Event or my use of Qoya’s equipment or facilities including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of Qoya.
8. I fully release all rights and grant full permission to Qoya to use and edit any and all public Event photographs and recordings that contains my image and/or likeness for any purpose including without limitation publicity, illustration, and advertising without payment to me now and in the future.
9. I will not misappropriate or infringe Qoya’s Materials. I understand and agree that all documents, ideas, scenarios, workbooks, movements, dance steps, routines, choreography, and all other materials presented at an Event (collectively, Materials) are the confidential and proprietary property of Qoya, and that I have only a limited right to use such Materials for my own personal use and purpose. Under no circumstances will I disclose these Materials to any other party or utilize them in any other manner, either for business or research purposes, without the prior written consent of Qoya. I understand and agree that any such use would be an infringement on Qoya’s intellectual property rights, for which there are civil and criminal penalties.
10. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating in an Event, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition I may have.
11. I understand that Qoya may contract with independent contractors to provide equipment or services at an Event. I understand that QOYA has no control over and accepts no responsibility for the actions of any independent contractor involved in providing equipment or services at an Event.
12. The laws of the State of Washington applicable to contracts negotiated and performed in Washington will govern this Agreement. Any claim or controversy arising out of or relating to an Event, this Agreement or the performance thereunder, including without limitation any claim relating to illness, injury or death, shall be settled by binding arbitration in Seattle, Washington by one (1) arbitrator, in accordance with American Arbitration Association’s Commercial Arbitration Rules and Mediation Procedures, and the judgment on the arbitration award, including reasonable attorney’s fees, may be entered in any court having jurisdiction over the subject matter of the controversy. This Agreement to arbitrate does not waive or modify the liability release contained herein.
13. I expressly agree that this Agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by Washington state law and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
By signing this Agreement, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property damaged during my participation in an Event, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against Qoya on the basis of any claim from which have released them herein. I have had sufficient opportunity read this entire Agreement. I have read and understand it, and I agree to be bound by the terms of Agreement.